ValueThe incentive limit for parent companies has been doubled, from $500,000 to $1 million.
ERA’s new Energy Savings for Business Program—a funding opportunity to support small- and medium-scale industrial and commercial businesses—is awarding up to $55 million for cost-saving and emissions reducing projects. The program will help Alberta businesses reduce emissions, decrease operating costs, grow their operations and become more competitive, while creating skilled jobs and boosting economic recovery.
On Thursday, May 27, 2021, the Energy Savings for Business (ESB) Support team will review the Post-Project Application and Change Request processes.
Small- and medium-scale enterprises including (but not limited to):
- Manufacturing operations
- Food processing
- Agricultural sector
- Warehouse / wholesale trade
- Retail and food services
- Building management companies
- Accommodation sector
- Energy (oil and gas
- Waste management.
Examples of the types of projects that qualify for investment include (but are not limited to):
- HVAC projects can include the installation of efficient boilers, hot water tanks, furnaces, pipe insulation
- Upgrades to fan and pump motors, including the installation of variable frequency drive units
- Installation of electronic building automation systems to control temperature, airflow, and even lighting across the facility
- Lighting projects can include replacement of outdated lighting systems, addition of automation, etc.
- Installation of alternate on-site power sources such as solar photovoltaic and combined heat and power systems
- May also include measures specific to industry/facility needs (e.g., restaurant, manufacturing)
- Insulation/building envelope/air sealing.