ValueA combined total of up to $500,000 will be allocated to the three Streams in this program
Equity and Access in the Arts program invests in these artists so they may pursue their artistic work, advance their skills, develop and strengthen connections to the broader Edmonton arts community. This program is one way the Edmonton Arts Council pursues our commitments in Connections & Exchanges. It replaces and expands on the previous Cultural Diversity in the Arts programs that had been in place since 2008.
This program has three distinct streams, each with its own evaluation criteria and assessment process. Artists may only submit to one stream.
- Stream 1: Exploration and Experimentation
These $5,000 grants support an artist to work on solo creation, experimentation, or research.
- Stream 2: Skills and Career Development
These grants of up to $10,000 support professional development projects for individual artists and collectives.
- Stream 3: Major Artist-Driven Projects
These grants of up to $25,000 support artist-initiated projects created by individual artists and collectives
Individuals and collectives who identify as members of groups facing systemic barriers to access may apply, with limitations in each stream. Applicants must:
- Have a history of work in any arts discipline (including customary and contemporary Indigenous artistic and
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a resident of the City of Edmonton;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a valid open work permit; and
- Have no overdue Edmonton Arts Council final reports.
Applicants who, due to a variety of factors, are not able to complete the online application may request assistance in
the preparation of their application. This could include:
- Assistance from EAC Grants Staff to use the online systems successfully;
- Assistance from EAC Grants Staff to review and provide feedback on draft applications;
- Ability to submit alternate formats, such as video, instead of a written application; and
- Financial support for translation or other support services.
Deadline DateJune 1, 2022
Contact Name: EAC Grants Team
Phone Number: 780-424-2787
E-mail Address: email@example.com