Value(1) Hazelnut Renewal: maximum of $13,450 per farm operation (2) Removal of EFB Infected Hazelnut Trees: maximum of $1,800/acre
The Hazelnut Renewal Program provides funding to remove infected trees to mitigate the spread of Eastern Filbert Blight and to incentivize the planting of new disease-resistant hazelnut trees in British Columbia.
- The applicant must be a new or existing hazelnut grower in the province of British Columbia.
- The applicant must be the owner (or lessee) of the land to be planted.
- The minimum eligible acreage for new planting new orchards in 2020/21 is one acre.
- The maximum eligible acreage for 2020/21 planting is 10 acres for double (maximum 269 trees/acre) or single density planting and 20 acres exclusively for single density planting (maximum 134 trees/acre) per farm operation.
- Approved applicants must plant EFB-resistant varieties, and must obtain planting stock according to the instructions of the CFIA Directive D-00-03.
- Hazelnut Renewal
- Removal of EFB Infected Hazelnut Trees
Deadline DateNext intake expected: May 2020 (Fall planting/removal 2010-2021)
Contact Name: B.C. Ministry of Agriculture
Phone Number: 604- 556- 3001
E-mail Address: AGRI.HazelnutRenewal@gov.bc.ca