ValueUp to $10,000
The Innovate BC Innovator Skills Initiative (Innovate BC-ISI) is designed to cultivate future technology entrepreneurs and innovators with the ultimate goal of creating quality, high-paying jobs for the BC economy. Innovate BC-ISI is focused on covering the innovation/entrepreneurial gap that is critical to providing the spark that ignites future business leaders. This program differs from a co-op in that it is driven by regional industry needs rather than educational institutions, and prepares students to start companies and create jobs in addition to filling jobs.
You are either a:
- Tech company or tech focused non-profit hiring for a business or tech role (same as before) or a
- Business or non-profit hiring for a tech role (new!)
- You must also be able to provide entrepreneurial and skills training to the student.
- Is not an accredited co-op student (internships, work placements and non-accredited co-ops at private schools are acceptable, please contact us to confirm)
- Is taking on a business or technical role
- Is currently enrolled at an accredited post secondary institution in BC or is taking one semester off (ie: summer)
- Any level of post-secondary (certificate, undergrad, master level, phd post-doc, etc.) is accepted.
- Hiring from a private school? Check if it’s accredited
If approved you can receive:
- Up to $5000 towards your student’s payroll, per term (grant amount is based on your student’s total salary)
- Up to two grants per year (running May – April), worth a total of $10,000
- Funds are paid out at the end of the term, after providing paystubs, a final survey, and proof of completion of online Market Validation training