The Market Development Program funds projects that:
- investigate new markets;
- develop new market opportunities; and
- increase industry competitiveness.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Market and promote agri-food.
- Develop and design communication products;
- signs; and
- Develop a market strategy, for example, paying a consultant to do this work.
- Take part in marketing events, including registration fees and travel costs for you or a consultant at events such as:
- Food Ex; and
- Yukon trade shows.
- Farmers’ markets and agritourism ventures where the primary beneficiary is the agriculture sector.
- Local, producer-level food branding initiatives.