On-reserve Income Assistance program helps eligible on-reserve residents and Status Indians in the Yukon cover the costs of their daily living and provides funding to access employment supports.
Funding is provided to First Nations communities, organizations and other service providers, who are responsible for providing this program to their eligible on-reserve members. It is available in all provinces and the Yukon and is delivered in accordance with the income assistance rates and eligibility of the individuals’ province of residence or the Yukon.
Individuals who believe they may be eligible will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- ordinarily resident on-reserve or Status Indians in the Yukon
- eligible for basic or special financial assistance
- can demonstrate they have no other source of funding to meet their basic needs
Income assistance includes funds for:
- basic needs (such as food, clothing, and rent and utilities allowance)
- special needs (such as essential household items, personal incidentals and doctor-recommended diets)
- pre-employment and employment supports to move individuals toward self-sufficiency (such as life skills and job training)
Deadline DateThere are no deadlines for this program; individuals can apply at any time.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
Phone Number: 1-800-567-9604