ValueMaximum of $5,000
Processor – Education, Training, Assessment and Planning (Animal Health) supports projects that focuses on first-time activities to improve animal health and welfare.
Abattoirs, including new processor businesses (new entrants), that are planning first-time activities for animal health education or training, or to complete operational assessments and plans, with a qualified third party.
Preference is currently given to projects that support provincially licensed abattoirs.
This Project Category is for first-time activities:
- Education and training from a third-party institution or consultant on topics related to the adoption of the national biosecurity standards, a commodity-specific risk management program, or animal welfare practices and procedures related to national Codes of Practice for the care and handling of farm animals
- Operational assessments, conducted by a qualified third party such as a licensed veterinarian or certified animal welfare auditor, against:
- National biosecurity standards, or practices and procedures
- Commodity-specific risk management program
- National Codes of Practice for the care and handling of farm animals
- National commodity-specific farm animal care program
- Market-driven animal welfare program (e.g., North American Meat Institute Audit)
- Qualified third-party services to provide an initial operational plan (e.g., disease response plan, operation specific procedures, nutrient management plan or strategy)