ValueAlberta Innovates will contribute up to $300,000 CAD to support approved projects over a maximum term of 24 months. Successful Expression of Interest applicants will be eligible to receive up to $10,000 CAD to support proposal development.
The mCannabis.RealWorld Program is a novel enabling mechanism to address urgent clinical or policy knowledge gaps related to the efficacy and safety of cannabis in a real-world setting. The current approach supports post-market (i.e., after regulatory approval) studies using real-world data and builds on the success of the Exploring Cannabis-Based Medicines and Tools (mCannabis) Program.
- Projects led by post-secondary institutions, not-for-profit corporations, or health delivery agent in Alberta.
- Must address a clearly defined and major clinical or policy problem, need, or critical barrier that has relevance to Alberta.
- Seek to generate new data, analyze data relationships, or curate real-world data to support the problem.
- See program guide for full details.
Applicants who participate in mCannabis.RealWorld can expect the following outcomes:
- Generate real-world evidence to inform clinical or policy decisions.
- Build collaborative connections within the health innovation ecosystem.
- Improve Canadian competitiveness in the global cannabis sector.
- Enable rapid knowledge generation using digital health strategies.
- Create accessible new data sources related to medical cannabis use.
- Enhance patient-centred care.
Deadline DateOctober 7, 2020
Contact Name: Sunil Rajput (Senior Business Partner - Health Innovation)
Phone Number: 780-306-3090
E-mail Address: Sunil.Rajput@albertainnovates.ca