ValueUp to $5,000
If you’re starting, expanding or buying a small business, apply for training, mentoring and a grant through Starter Company Plus.
Through Starter Company Plus, you can:
- get one-on-one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre advisor
- participate in business workshops, seminars or networking events
- topics range from writing a business plan to budgeting to marketing campaigns
- talk to a mentor with experience in starting, expanding or buying a small business
You can also apply for a grant of up to $5,000.
These supports are available if you want to start a new company, expand an existing company or buy a business in Ontario.
You can apply if you’re:
- 18 years of age or older
- an Ontario resident and Canadian citizen (or permanent resident)
- not attending school full-time or returning to school
To qualify for a grant, you must be able to make a contribution in cash or in kind. It has to be for least 25% of the grant amount.
These centres can help you start or grow a business. These centres offer:
- free consultations with a qualified business consultant
- internet and computer access for business research and planning
- review of business plans
- consultations through a lawyer or accountant referral service
- up-to-date information for entrepreneurs
- access to directories, trade indexes and books
- workshops and seminars
- guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations and other documents you need to start a business
- import and export information
- information on patents, copyright and trademarks
- mentoring and networking opportunities
Contact Name: Government of Ontario - Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade Communications Branch
Phone Number: 416-326-3408 or 1-800-268-7095 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org