This opportunity provides support to assist Albertan artists and/or artist ensembles with a travel grant to perform or present their original work at showcases, festivals or other events, outside the province of Alberta, with the purpose of introducing artists and their work to new markets and tangibly enhance career growth and market share potential.
To be eligible for individual project funding you must be a resident(s) of Alberta. This means you:
- are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
- have had your primary residence in Alberta for one full year before applying
- ordinarily live in Alberta for at least six months each year with the exception of attending a formal program of study
You must be in good standing with the AFA with no open or outstanding projects or reporting requirements at time of submission.
Ensembles, collectives, and collaborations
- Ensembles, collectives, and collaborations are eligible to apply to this program and must list all principal artists involved in the project activities as part of their application. All members of an ensemble, collective, or collaboration must meet the individual eligibility criteria:
- applicants, including ensembles, must not be incorporated under either provincial or federal legislation
- applicants, including ensembles, may receive this grant only once in any 12 consecutive months
Principal artists cannot apply and/or receive funding for multiple projects at the same time, whether as an individual or a member of various ensembles, collectives, or collaborations.
For the purposes of this funding opportunity, eligible projects include professional presentations (exhibitions, performances, readings and/or screenings of work) by Albertan artists:
- Take place outside of Alberta
- At confirmed acceptance to festivals, showcases or other events
- That in the opinion of the AFA supports the career growth of Albertan artists nationally or internationally
Deadline DateDecember 2/19, March 2/20, September 1/20
Contact Name: Jodie Vandekerkhove
Phone Number: 780-415-1318
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org