ValueFor single project, up to $25,000 per applicant. For multiple projects, within a $50,000 annual funding limit.
The Agriculture Awareness Initiative Program provides support to build awareness and trust in modern agriculture. The program is designed to help individuals and organizations tell the story of Saskatchewan agriculture.
The Agriculture Awareness Initiative Program is a proposal-based program to fund strategic industry projects that target critical audiences and address key threats to agriculture’s social licence.
- Saskatchewan-based organizations and individuals are eligible. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Commodity organizations;
- Stewardship and student groups;
- Agricultural producers;
- Urban organizations; and
- Public institutions or agencies.
- Any individual producer applying must earn a minimum of $50,000 gross farm income in Saskatchewan.
- If an applicant is involved with livestock operations, they must have a Saskatchewan Premises Identification number.
* Before applying, interested applicants must consult with an Public Trust Specialist.
Eligible expenses can include:
- Costs for planning and organizing public trust conferences, speakers and workshops:
- Speaker fees and travel expenses;
- Room/equipment rental; and
- Development of educational resources:
- Writing, design and printing costs;
- Assembly and distribution; and
- Focus groups and delivery training.
- Creation of awareness and educational campaigns:
- Filming and editing fees;
- Graphic design;
- Writing and printing costs;
- Promotion and hosting fees; and
- Equipment costs pertaining to project.
- Development of displays:
- Design and construction costs;
- Event space rental;
- Travel/set up costs; and
- Development and delivery of related programming.
- Organization of agricultural tours:
- Promotional materials; and
- Admission fees.
Deadline DateApplications deadlines are bi-monthly. Please click the link indicated below for more details..
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch
Phone Number: 1-866-457-2377
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org