The Applied Research Sub-Program will support the undertaking of short-term applied research that will yield economic benefits to the PEI agriculture industry.
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Public, private and academic institutions; and
- Small-to-medium sized agri-businesses.
- Variety and/or crop research trials that can include yield evaluations, climatic suitability analysis, pest resistance, and improvements in pollination;
- Crop and livestock development research that will lead to on-farm diversification;
- Crop and livestock research that will support commercialization of new agri-based products;
- Pest management research to quantify the extend of specific pest problems and/or evaluation control measures and reduce pesticide risk;
- Crop and livestock research which has the potential to address challenges associated with climate change;
- Short-to-medium term projects which address gaps in scientific knowledge and/or target new clean technology opportunities; and
- Information sharing and/or knowledge transfer activities.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
Phone Number: (902) 368-4880
E-mail Address: ARIP@gov.pe.ca