The Business Development Program (Agriculture) will support the agriculture sector by providing funding for skills training, business planning and implementation, benchmarking and risk management activities which will expand domestic and international markets for Prince Edward Island producers and small to medium sized agri-businesses.
There are three funding categories in this program:
- Business Planning; and
- Benchmarking and Risk Management
For more detailed information on each categories, please click the link indicated below.
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Spouses of agricultural producers;
- Farm employees;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Small to Medium Sized Agri-Businesses; and
- Others may be considered upon request.
- Agriculture-related skills training
- Business planning;
- Coordination and planning of courses, seminars, workshops, and/or demonstrations for groups of farmers.
- Agriculture-related strategic planning and board governance training
- Development and use of benchmarking and risk management analytical tools;
- Development of industry benchmarks for cost of production specific to PEI;
- Production and on-farm integration of individualized financial –reports; and
- Projects which increase awareness of risk factors, or identify business risks and vulnerabilities, and training and tools to mitigate those risks.
Deadline DateMay 8, 2020.
Contact Name: PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
Phone Number: (902) 368-4880
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org