ValueStream I with a maximum of $25, 000 in available funding from Alberta Innovates and $25,000 from NSERC; and Stream II with a maximum of $150,000 in available funding from Alberta Innovates leveraging NSERC’s contribution.
Campus Alberta Small Business Engagement program aims to help academics use their world-class knowledge, facilities and students at colleges and polytechnics within Campus Alberta to assist Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Alberta. The goal is to encourage academics and small businesses in Alberta to work together and take advantage of NSERC Engage Grants.
CASBE is open to Alberta SMEs and academics from Campus Alberta. Eligibility follows NSERC’s eligibility criteria with the addition that the CASBE Program is only available to Alberta academics helping Alberta SMEs developing solutions aligned to priority areas identified by Alberta Innovates.
- Industry partner – To qualify as an industry partner for Stream I and II, at least one SME as industry partner is required. The SME must:
- be a for-profit SME, with at least two full-time employees, and fewer than 500 full-time employees,
- have less than $50,000,000 annual gross revenue,
- demonstrate the relationship between the applicant and industry partner does not create a conflict of interest,
- have a physical presence in Alberta,
- be a legal entity:
- incorporated in Alberta, or
- incorporated federally or in another jurisdiction AND extra-provincially registered in Alberta, or
- a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership AND registered in Alberta, and
- be in good financial standing with Alberta Innovates and its subsidiaries InnoTech Alberta and C-Fer Technologies.
- meet NSERC’s eligibility criteria,
- align with any of the emerging technologies priorities listed in this program guide,
- have at least one Alberta SME as industry partner,
- be stepped with a critical milestone in the form of a midyear presentation,
- be completed within the one or two-year term, and
- submit to other criteria that Alberta Innovates may develop from time to time.
Eligible expenses would follow each respective (NSERC and Alberta Innovates’ eligible expenses rules.
Alberta Innovates only funds reasonable costs incurred after the Effective Date on an Investment Agreement with you. Any costs incurred prior to the Effective Date in the Investment Agreement, or costs greater than market prices are deemed ineligible. Costs must be incurred between arm’s length entities. Please refer to our standard form Investment Agreement found on our website to get an indepth understanding of eligible and ineligible costs.
Deadline DateDecember 31, 2020
Contact Name: Marlene Huerta
Phone Number: 780-450-5034
E-mail Address: Marlene.Huerta@albertainnovates.ca