The Community Initiatives Program (CIP), Project-Based grant stream supports projects that enhance and enrich communities throughout Alberta by providing assistance to non-profit organizations for:
- new programs / enhancement to an existing program
- community events
- gender equity projects
- portable equipment
Note: The former Status of Women Community Grant Program has been consolidated under the Community Initiatives Program (CIP) – Project Based stream for community-based initiatives focused on addressing gender-based violence, women’s economic security and women in leadership.
A registered organization in Alberta (and in good standing) under one of these acts:
- Provincial Legislation
- Agriculture Societies Act
- Part 21 of the Business Corporations Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Companies Act, Part 9 (Nonprofit Companies)
- Libraries Act
- School Act
- Societies Act
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- Federal Legislation
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, and must be registered in Alberta under the Business Corporations Act
- Income Tax Act (of Canada and operating in the Province of Alberta (Charities)
- First Nations and Metis Settlements
- foundations established and regulated under the province’s Regional Health Authorities Act
- universities, colleges and institutes as defined under Alberta’s Post-secondary Learning Act
Organizations must have an Alberta-based address which must be regularly monitored by an active member of the organization.
- New Program/Enhancement to an existing program: Wages for new positions, office space rentals, database software and hardware, program materials and resources etc.
- Community events: festivals/theatre, productions/films/exhibits/: symposiums/workshops; Venue rentals, catering, communications, marketing, keynote speakers, etc.
- Technology: Audio/visual equipment, projection screens for office/meeting rooms, computer hardware and software, etc.
- Portable Equipment: Licensed vehicles, team uniforms/equipment, furnishings such as computer desk, meeting tables, office chairs, public area furnishings, etc.
- Gender Equity Projects: Facilitators/Speakers, venue rentals, new program costs as above, etc.
Deadline DateJanuary 15; May 15; September 15
Contact Name: Community Grants Office
Phone Number: 780-422-9598 or 1-800-642-3855 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: email@example.com