ValueMEAP & SEAP are a non-repayable grant that is available to help mitigate how much you are borrowing from a financial institution. It can provide up to 30% of your project total to a maximum of $99,999.
Métis Entrepreneurs’ Assistance Program (MEAP) provides equity assistance for the start-up or the expansion of small businesses. The grant is for Métis, Inuit or Non-Status individuals and is named The Métis Entrepreneurs’ Assistance Program (MEAP). Please note that you will be filling out one application that contains information for both the Grant and the Loan.
- You must be an Alberta Resident and your business must be located in Alberta, (starting a business in another province? Contact the office to ask for the phone number of the AFI for your province).
- You must have a minimum of 6 months to one year of experience in the industry you are starting your business
- Projects must be a start-up or expansion of a business.
- The business must generate an income for the applicant of at least $20,000 annually
- Total project must exceed $20,000
- The applicant must obtain financing through a commercial lender for the costs that are not covered by the grant and the cash equity (if you have already received financing
- View a more detailed list of eligibility requirements here.
As mentioned above the grant can cover up to 30% of your costs, to a maximum of $99,999. You are required to have a minimum of 10% of your project totals costs. The remaining 60%, after your contribution and the grant, would be funds from a business loan.
Contact Name: Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc.
Phone Number: 1-888-308-6789 or 780-470-3600
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org