In partnership with Mitacs, post-secondary institutions and employers, Alberta supports about 1,275 internship opportunities annually to enhance work-integrated learning for students and researchers.
Mitacs has a proven track record in supporting research and innovation, a broad network of partners, and an ability to provide high quality research internships and training opportunities in Alberta’s priority fields.
Internships are available across 6 program streams:
- Accelerate – Interns work on a peer-reviewed research project to address a business challenge faced by an industry partner
- Accelerate Entrepreneur – Students entrepreneurs develop research or technology at the core of their business supported by an incubator
- Accelerate International – Interns participate in global research collaborations
- Elevate – Post-doctoral fellows tackle a sophisticated research challenge
- Business Strategy Internships – Interns support businesses with restoring or modifying their business operations to adapt to the current business environment
- Assessment Internship Initiative – Interns assess a host organization’s technology need and help identify a path forward such as adopting new technologies.
There are opportunities available for students seeking internships and work experience, and for organizations who wish to host interns and benefit from the talent they bring.
For more information, click here: Mitacs programs
Contact Name: Public Awareness Branch
Phone Number: 780-643-6393 or 310-0000
E-mail Address: email@example.com