Value$1 million annually
The Provincial Agricultural Research and Development Program builds public and private sector applied research capacity in Newfoundland and Labrador in support of the competitiveness of the agriculture sector. It aims to provides support to lower costs of production, diversify the agriculture industry, enhance sustainable production methods and overall, produce more food within the province and across Canada. This program will also help agricultural industry in facing the many challenges such as global competition, climate change uncertainties, bio-security risks, consolidation and the like, as it strives to grow and diversify.
- Improving on-farm competitiveness and profitability
- through evaluation and demonstration of crop and livestock production practices that result in increased industry diversification, product value and accelerated adoption of techniques and practices;
- Enhancing environmental sustainability
- through evaluation and demonstration of beneficial management practices that build and conserve soil health and biodiversity, mitigate greenhouse gas production, enhance carbon sequestration, manage on farm nutrients and promote integrated pest management;
- Support to new opportunities/technologies
- through evaluation and demonstration of innovative technology and practices that are new, not generally available, or not widely adopted in a sector
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Fisheries, Forestry and Agrifoods
Phone Number: 709-637-2046