Value: Maximum $20,000 for up to four employees.
Through the Abilities Connect Fund, Accessibility Works provides financial assistance to employers in order to create experiential learning employment opportunities for persons with a disability. Preference will be given to applicants that hire students/recent graduates with a disability. The fund also helps to remove the financial barriers associated with accommodating employees with disability in the workplace.
The Abilities Connect Fund has two funding streams:
- Valuing Ability Employment: Supports the hiring and training of persons with a disability. Preference will be given to applicants that hire students/recent graduates with a disability
- Valuing Ability Workplace Solutions: Supports the purchase of assistive devices, training, and assessments for employees with a disability
- Businesses (for-profit sector) and organizations (not-for-profit)
- Public sector and broader public-sector organizations are not eligible
- Have between 5 and 500 employees
- Currently established and operating in Ontario
- Registered (federally/provincially) for minimum of 2 years
- Not receiving any other contributions from public funds or another source towards the requests contained in the funding application
Valuing Ability Workplace Solutions:
Contact: Louie DiPalma | 416-482-5222 ext. 2270