Value$22.3 million over 5 years, starting in 2017-18.
The Accessible Technology Program is investing in hardware and software solutions that help Canadians with disabilities overcome barriers that come in the way of their full participation in the workplace.
This program is ready to co-fund innovative projects led by research institutes, private sector companies and not-for-profit organizations to develop innovative assistive and adaptive digital devices and technologies for persons with disabilities.
To qualify for funding, your organization must be a Canadian legal entity, including for-profit organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and research institutes*.
Your funding proposal must also clearly demonstrate that:
- Your proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content;
- With program funding, your organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative; and,
- You can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe.
*A research institute is defined as any establishment that functions with the primary objective of conducting research, which may include activities in the natural, health or social sciences. This may include any institutes affiliated with post-secondary institutions.
Eligible costs are those costs that are directly related to the proposal and which respect all conditions and limitations of the program and that will be eligible to be claimed as set out in the Contribution Agreement (CA) if the proposal is approved for funding.
Eligible costs include:
- Administrative operating costs (including salary and wages, incremental administration and accounting expenses) limited to no more than ten percent (10%) of total project funding;
- Direct costs related to training and professional development;
- Expenditures related to purchase of computer equipment and parts, required software, rental of accommodation and equipment; and
- Goods and services expenditures to support environmental protection, workplace health and safety, security and communications.