Through Alternate Format Business Technology Challenge, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is seeking a solution that will result in innovation and efficiency in the production of, and access to, a wide variety of physical and digital alternate format materials for Canadians with print disabilities.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence
This program will fund eligible organizations that proposed solutions on the following:
- Collaborate and/or partner with people with print disabilities/lived experience
- Ensure that the product(s) is accessible to people with a wide range of disabilities;
- Ensure that any materials that are produced using the resulting product conform to existing accessible publishing standards; and,
- Ensure that any personal assistive technologies and/or software that are developed are affordable and intuitive.
In addtion, proposed solutions should:
- Collaborate and/or partner with organization(s)/companies in the Canadian publishing industry;
- Ensure that the accessible physical or digital materials that are produced are made available to consumers at a lower price to all other published materials; and,
- Ensure that any accessible physical or digital materials that are produced are made available in a timelier fashion than what is currently offered (i.e., at the same time as all other materials; if not, within 1 weeks’ time).
Deadline DateClosing date: May 21, 2020, 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: SIC-ISC@pwgsc.gc.ca