ValueIndividual artists may apply for up to $5,000. In response to the high volume of requests we have received to this program, the total pool of funding available through this program has been increased to $400,000.
As part of our responsibility to Calgarians to ensure equitable access to public funding, Calgary Arts Development is dedicated to addressing and working to eliminate institutional inequity in our programs, policies, and practices. We also acknowledge that our actions—both conscious and unconscious, past and present—have benefited some communities while limiting opportunities and outcomes for others including Indigenous communities, Black communities, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, Deaf communities, as well as persons with diverse sexual orientations or gender identities.
- An applicant may only apply for one opportunity or phase of development.
- We will only accept one application per individual or collective.
- You may not receive funding from more than one Calgary Arts Development program for the same project or phase of a project.
- You may not apply to this program if you have final reports past their due date for prior grants.
- Applicants who are not successful in their application may apply for the next intake. You may only receive 1 Artist Development Microgrant per year.
- Beginning in January 2023, you may not have more than four open grants with Calgary Arts Development, including grants for which a deadline extension has been approved. A request for an exception to this eligibility requirement must be submitted in writing and in discussion with the Program Specialist. Applicants are encouraged to take this policy into consideration when planning their applications in 2022.
This program can fund activities related to the development of an artist’s professional artistic practice and career. This program cannot fund activities primarily focused on the creation and production of artistic work.
Eligible activities may include:
- Artistic skill development through training, mentorship, experimentation, etc.
- Business development including knowledge building in entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, etc.
- Career development including the development of platforms to share and sell work, the development of audiences and artistic networks, etc.
Activities funded through this program must be completed within six months of grant notification.
Deadline DateMarch 14, 2022, May 2, 2022, July 4, 2022, September 6, 2022, November 7, 2022
Contact Name: Calgary Arts Development
Phone Number: 403.264.5330
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org