Value75% of the total eligible project-related costs to a maximum of $50,000
The Business Innovation component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides financial support to eligible small and mid-sized printed magazine and digital periodical publishers. This component of the CPF encourages innovation to adapt to changing market conditions and contributes to the diversity of content sought by Canadian readers.
- be in operation throughout the application process and until the completion of the project;
- be majority owned and controlled by Canadians;
- be private-sector entities, including corporations, not-for-profit organizations, partnerships and sole proprietorships (Note: Applicants under the Start-up pilot project should be intending to register their new business); and
- have their principal place of business in Canada.
- For Digital periodicals: The maximum total revenue for any digital periodicals cannot exceed $500,000 (as declared in the application form).
- venue and equipment rental;
- specialized software licensing during the project period;
- promotion and marketing costs;
- professional fees (e.g. contractors, etc.);
- paid internships;
- project-related travel expenses, which must not exceed the rates permitted for travel on government business;
- project-related salary costs (must be less than 25% of the total eligible project expenses); and
- project-related overhead costs (e.g. mailings, courier, telephone long distance) limited to a maximum of 10% of the total recommended amount.
In-kind contributions are considered real contributions to the cost of the project but are not reimbursable. Donated goods and services may be considered in-kind contributions if they:
- are essential to your project’s success;
- are eligible and would otherwise have to be purchased or paid for by you;
- can be measured at fair market value (i.e. in relation to similar goods and services); and
- are balanced by an equal revenue in your budget (i.e. total in-kind expenses equal total in-kind revenues).
Deadline DateSeptember 15
Contact Name: Government of Canada
Phone Number: 819-997-0055 or 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: PCH.fondsdesperiodiquescanada-canadaperiodicalfund.PCH@canada.ca