Value75% of the total eligible costs, to a maximum of $50,000 per periodical, per fiscal year.
The Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides financial assistance to Canadian print magazines, non-daily newspapers and digital periodicals, to enable them to overcome market disadvantages and continue to provide Canadian readers with the content they choose to read. The CPF has three components:
- Aid to Publishers
- Business Innovation
- Collective Initiatives
The Business Innovation component offers support for projects to eligible small and mid-sized printed magazine and digital periodical publishers.
- Be in operation throughout the application process and until project completion
- Be majority owned and controlled by Canadians
- Be private-sector entities, including corporations, not-for-profit organizations, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Have their principal place of business in Canada
- Print magazines must have an average circulation of no less than 250 and of no more than 100,000 copies per issue
- Publishing firms must have a total average circulation per issue for all print magazines published that does not exceed 100,000 copies during the 12-month reporting period
- Digital periodicals must have a maximum total revenue that does not exceed $500,000
Eligible expenses may be of cash or in-kind value but must be directly associated with the project.
Deadline DateSeptember 15
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055
E-mail Address: PCH.fondsdesperiodiquescanada-canadaperiodicalfund.PCH@canada.ca