The Commemorate Canada program provides funding to initiatives that commemorate and celebrate historical figures, places, events and accomplishments of national significance. The program favors commemorations and celebrations marking 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th anniversaries and subsequent anniversaries in increments of 25 years. For the commemoration of an individual, at least 10 years must have passed following their death.
Eligible funding recipients under Commemorate Canada include the following:
- Canadian non-profit organizations (corporations, trusts, cooperatives, unincorporated associations, etc.);
- Canadian business corporations, where projects are non-commercial in nature;
- Canadian educational institutions; and
- Canadian provincial or territorial governments, municipal governments, First Nations governments (or equivalent authorities) and other municipal, provincial or territorial institutions of Canada.
Only project-related expenses, which can be of cash and in-kind value, are eligible. These may include:
- educational and learning materials, documentaries and research, website development, travelling and on-line exhibits, forums and conferences, plaques and monuments;
- promotional expenses, marketing and communications (including translation and signage);
- project expenses, including project coordination and implementation, professional services, event management and production costs, entertainment, supplies, rental equipment (sound, lighting);
- ongoing administrative costs (not exceeding 15% of the total contribution), including ongoing salaries and benefits, administrative fees, bank charges, utilities; and
- reasonable travel/hospitality expenses inside Canada, which must not exceed the rates permitted for travel on government business.
Deadline DateOngoing. Recommended to submit application at least six months before the start of the project.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org