The Commemorate Canada program provides funding to initiatives that commemorate and celebrate historical figures, places, events and accomplishments of national significance.
Eligible funding recipients under Commemorate Canada include the following:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations such as corporations, trusts, cooperatives or unincorporated associations
- Canadian for-profit organizations (partnerships, trusts, joint ventures, etc.) whose proposed projects are non-commercial in nature
- Canadian public education establishments
- Canadian provincial/territorial, municipal governments and their institutions
Federal departments, their institutions and portfolio agencies as well as private individuals and political parties cannot apply for funding.
Eligible projects must meet all of the following criteria:
- be conceived and take place in Canada
- relate to an anniversary of national significance
- highlight a 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th or subsequent anniversary in 25-year increments
- include an educational component
- be national in scope
- be free and accessible to the public
Deadline DateNew funding application deadline: October 1, 2023.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: email@example.com