Value$150,000.00 CAD - $1,000,000 CAD
The National Research Council (NRC) is seeking the Canadian industry to develop and manufacture building technologies and products that can protect occupants by effectively mitigating airborne transmission of respiratory viruses in buildings lacking a mechanical ventilation system.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence
Multiple grants could result from this Challenge.
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 1 Grant resulting from this Challenge is : $150,000.00 CAD
- The maximum duration for any Phase 1 project funded by a grant resulting from this Challenge is up to 4 months
- Estimated number of Phase 1 grants: 2
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 2 Grant resulting from this Challenge is : $1,000,000 CAD
- The maximum duration for any Phase 2 project funded by a grant resulting from this Challenge is up to 12 months
- Note: Only eligible businesses that have completed Phase 1 could be considered for Phase 2.
- Estimated number of Phase 2 grants: 1
- Note: Selected companies are eligible to receive one grant per phase per challenge.
This disclosure is made in good faith and does not commit Canada to award any grant for the total approximate funding. Final decisions on the number of Phase 1 and Phase 2 awards will be made by Canada on the basis of factors such as evaluation results, departmental priorities and availability of funds. Canada reserves the right to make partial awards and to negotiate project scope changes.
Contact Name: Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com