ValueSuccessful Applicants to all Development subprograms receive non-interest bearing advances. 100% of the Eligible Project’s advance must be repaid on or before the earliest applicable event of repayment as described here: i) The first day of official preparation for principal photography of the Television Component (regardless of the platform for which it is produced) or upon other use of the script Or ii) The transfer, sale, assignment, or other disposition of the script.
The Development Program, which forms part of the CMF’s Convergent Stream, allocates funding to Eligible Projects (e.g., either a TV Component or a combined TV and DM Component) at the development stage.
For clarity, in cases where the Applicant is applying with both a TV and DM Component(s), both Components will be submitted through one single application budget. The Development Program operates through two subprograms: English and French Development Envelopes (section 2.A); Quebec French Regional Development (section 2.B). Details can be found in the relevant section for each subprogram in these Guidelines.
- A Canadian for-profit company
- Has its head office based in Canada, or
- A Canadian broadcaster, public or private, that is licensed to operate as such by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- The CMF supports scriptwriting and other activities normally associated with television project development.
- The CMF supports activities related to the development of digital media content associated with the Television Component of the project.
Deadline DateOctober 30, 2019 September
Contact Name: Canada Media Fund
Phone Number: 1.800.567.0890
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org