ValueRebates covering a minimum of 50% of eligible costs for new, electric vehicles charging stations.
The Electric Vehicle Charging Program supports municipalities installing new EV charging stations in public places, on-street locations, municipal property and for municipal vehicle fleets. Our team can help guide you purchase the right charging station for your community’s needs. Now is the time to put your community on the map—with the program covering up to 100% of costs!
The following organizations are eligible to participate in the EVCP:
a. Municipalities: all designated municipalities within the province of Alberta are eligible to participate in the EVCP program.
- a city, town, village, summer village, municipal district or specialized municipality,
- a town under the Parks Towns Act, or
- a municipality formed by a special Act; or,
- if the context requires, the geographical area within the boundaries of a municipality described in sub-clauses (i) to (iii).
b. Non-profit community-related organizations (CROs), located on municipally owned land or operating within municipally owned facilities. While CROs are eligible to participate, the municipality must be the signatory to the EVCP Funding Agreement and all rebates made under the program will be directed to the municipality. Such projects will be evaluated for eligibility on a case-by-case basis
Up to 100% of the costs of purchasing and installing a new charging station can be rebated, so you can participate without worrying about the impact on your taxpayers. This represents a savings of:
- Up to $10,000 for each Level 2 Charger (for charging over several hours)
- Up to $150,000 for each Fast Charger (for charging up in 30 minutes)
Deadline DateExpression of Interest: Ongoing.
Contact Name: Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC)
Phone Number: 780-433-4431 or 310-2862 (toll-free)