Valueprovide at least 20% of the joint funding each year and the Alberta government will provide up to 80%.
The Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) program promotes and enhances the well-being of Albertans, families and communities. FCSS programs are intended to help individuals adopt healthy lifestyles, improve their quality of life and build capacity to prevent and deal with crisis situations should they arise.
A municipality or Metis Settlement chooses whether to sign an annual agreement with the Government of Alberta to jointly fund eligible services. They must provide at least 20% of the joint funding each year and the Alberta government will provide up to 80%.
Participating municipalities and Metis Settlements are responsible for allocating the joint FCSS funding at the local level. They may use it to:
- deliver eligible preventative social programs and services themselves, and/or
- provide FCSS grants to community agencies to deliver the programs and services
- Services provided under FCSS must be preventative and may include initiatives and programs that:
- help communities identify their social needs and develop responses
- promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community
- inform the public about services
- support children and their families’ social development
- help families enrich and strengthen family life and function more effectively in their own environment
- enhance retired and semi-retired people’s quality of life
Deadline DateOngoing. Participating municipalities electronically submit their annual reports by April 30.
Contact Name: Family and Community Services
Phone Number: 780-415-8150
E-mail Address: email@example.com