ValueFunding is up to 75% of eligible expenses for up to a maximum of $650,000 per fiscal year.
Funding for National Service Organizations (NSO) aims to ensure that NSO’s support Canadian music entrepreneurs to build a strong and competitive industry capable of contributing long-term to the Canadian musical experience, through a diverse range of compelling Canadian voices.
Canadian not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply. At the time of the application, and through to the end of the term of any funding agreement, the applicant must:
- be incorporated as a Canadian not-for-profit organization under the laws of Canada or a province or territory;
- have completed at least two years of continuous operation;
- manage an annual budget of at least $300,000, excluding government grants and contributions (based on the information in the application form and the financial statements submitted with the application);
- serve Canadian artists and entrepreneurs working in the music industry, namely, sound recording producers, music publishers, songwriters, distributors, artistic agents and agents of the music industry;
- be engaged in activities at the national level;
- deliver activities involved in at least two segments of Canada’s music industry, such as production, publishing, distribution or marketing or promotion of artists or artistic works; and
- demonstrate its capacity to manage the proposed projects.
Eligible expenses are for activities starting April 1, 2023. The eligible expenses may include costs related to:
- Consultant fees;
- Holding an event in-person or virtually;
- Travel (transportation and accommodations) that are directly related to activities in the business plan. These costs must not exceed the rates specified in the Government of Canada Travel Directive.
- Training and professional development;
- Promotion and communication of event;
- Salaries of employees who directly participate in the proposed activities in the business plan;
- Equipment rental for the activity;
- Overhead costs will be calculated at a maximum of 15% of third-party expenses. Overhead costs include rent, internet access charges, web related costs, printing and photocopying, couriers, project management fees, etc.
Deadline DateThe deadline is December 15, 2022, for activities taking place from April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024
Contact Name: FACTOR
Phone Number: 416 696 2215
E-mail Address: email@example.com