ValueOffers a negotiated wage subsidy up to $3600
The Get Youth Working! Program offers Employment Counselling, Job Entry Skills, Certificate Training, Paid Work Experience, Mentoring and Post Job Placement Support to eligible youth 17-29 years of age. Employers that hire and train eligible youth in jobs offering long-term employment are eligible for a negotiated Wage Subsidy incentive.
The Program is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement.
Eligibility criteria for employer:
- Youth must be a new hire 17 to 29 years of age
- In operation for at least one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ an eligible youth for a minimum of 3 months with preference given to long-term positions over 6 months
- Employers will NOT qualify if employee is hired prior to signing Get Youth Working Funding Agreement
Eligibility criteria for youth:
- 17 to 29 years of age
- Unemployed or Precariously employed (working unstable or irregular hours (such as casual labour or on-call work), working for unreliable wages (such as piece-work or commission) and/or working for earnings that cannot support an individual or their family
- Seeking long-term employment
- Not a full-time student (i.e. enrolled in high school or in post-secondary training)
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program (excluding WorkBC)
- Resident of BC (living in BC as a Canadian, a permanent resident or a protected person) and legally entitled to work in Canada (not utilizing any type of Visa (i.e work or student)
The Get Youth Working! Program offers a negotiated wage subsidy up to $3600 when hiring eligible youth age 17-29 for long-term employment.