ValueUp to $300,000
Innovate BC’s Ignite Program provides up to $300,000 to fund Teams made up of industry and academia come together to solve real life business problems in a 3-year time frame. From helping get clean drinking water into third world countries to diagnosing eye diseases faster than ever before, Ignite is bringing to life in B.C.
Applicants must be a B.C.-based team comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All teams must include an academic member and an industry partner.
Examples of eligible costs include, but are not limited to:
• Salaries/stipends for research and technical personnel;
• Materials, supplies and equipment directly related to the scientific or technical research necessary for
advancing the innovation towards commercialization (e.g. prototyping, scale-up, product refinement,
validation studies, etc.);
• Necessary activities specifically related to technology transfer and commercialization (e.g. sharing of
patenting and licensing fees with university, consulting fees for IP strategy, etc.);
• Travel and accommodation for collaborative purposes;
• Up to 10% of the Ignite funding request for indirect administrative costs (e.g., university overhead).
Deadline DateAugust 10, 2020 (Letter of Intent (LOI) submission); October 19, 2020 (invited applicants full proposal submission)
Contact Name: Innovate BC
Phone Number: 604.952.5035 or1.800.719.2571 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org