ValueUp to 100 per cent of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $200,000.
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Local Festivals component provides funding to local groups for recurring festivals that present the work of local artists, artisans or heritage performers. This includes the celebration of LGBTQ2+ communities and Indigenous cultural celebrations.
Eligible applicants must represent one of the following community-based groups:
- a local non-profit organization or group;
- a local band council, local tribal council or other local Aboriginal government or organization (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
In addition, applicants must:
- encourage local community engagement through activities that promote, celebrate and preserve local performing and visual arts or local heritage; and
- have successfully organized a prior edition of the festival, within the last two years, that met all eligibility requirements of this component.
Eligible projects and events:
- present the work of local artists, artisans, or heritage performers;
- actively involve members of the local community; and
- are intended for and accessible to the general public.
Deadline DateJanuary 31 – for festivals starting between September 1 and December 31; April 30 – for festivals starting between January 1 and June 30; September 30 – for festivals starting between July 1 and August 31
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: email@example.com