Valueup to 75% of total eligible supported project costs
The Offshore Deployment Program will contribute up to $42 million to companies in the form of fully repayable contributions for projects that reduce direct and indirect GHG emissions stemming from offshore oil and gas operations. The Program will also support projects that improve the environmental performance of oil spill monitoring, detection and response activities.
Companies and organizations who operate in, or directly support, upstream oil and gas in the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador offshore area are eligible to apply for the ERF’s $42 million Offshore Deployment Program
- Salaries and benefits of employees on the payroll of the Recipient for the actual time spent by the employees on the Project;
- Professional, scientific, technical, management, data collection and contracting services;
- Professional and regulatory fees for the acquisition and protection of intellectual property necessary for or arising from the Project activities;
- Travel expenditures related to the Project, including meals and accommodation, based on National Joint Council Rates;
- License fees, data purchases, certification costs, permits, and fees associated with regulatory compliance and inspection for the implementation of this project;
- Capital expenditures (Emissions Projects) – including informatics hardware and software, and improvements to existing capital equipment or the purchase and installation of new capital equipment to reduce GHG emissions at offshore facilities;
- Capital expenditures (Spill Projects) – including informatics hardware and software, and improvements to existing capital equipment or the purchase and installation of new capital equipment to improve the environmental performance of offshore oil spill monitoring, detection, and response activities;
- Material, supplies, and equipment;
- Equipment leasing or rental;
- Overhead expenditures provided that they are related to the conduct of the Project and can be attributed to it. Overhead expenditures may be included in the total Project costs up to 15% of total eligible supported expenditures; and,
- GST, PST or HST, net of any tax rebate to which the Recipient is entitled2
A maximum of 10% of total eligible supported costs, excluding purchases of equipment may be incurred outside of Canada.