ValueThe maximum assistance available per household is $5,000 in a benefit year and $15,000 in a lifetime.
Seniors Home Adaptation and Repair Program (SHARP) grants may be available to eligible senior homeowners with low income who do not qualify for a SHARP loan to help with certain home repairs. You must provide a completed SHARP application to be considered for a grant.
You may be eligible for a grant if you and your spouse/partner (if applicable) are:
- not eligible for a SHARP loan
- 65 years of age or older (only one spouse/partner needs to be 65)
- Canadian citizen(s) or have been lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence
- Alberta resident(s) and have lived in Alberta for at least 3 months
- senior(s) with income below the SHARP grant income thresholds
- receiving or have applied for all other eligible seniors financial assistance
Home insurance at full replacement value is not an eligibility requirement for the grant.
You may be eligible for a grant if you are a:
- single senior with a total annual income of $28,785 or less
- senior couple with a total combined annual income of $46,745 or less
Contact Name: Alberta Supports Contact Centre
Phone Number: 1-877-644-9992