Seniors with low-income can get financial assistance to help afford the cost of appliances and specific health and personal supports.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- be 65 years of age or older
- be an Alberta resident
- be a Canadian citizen or have been lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence
- meet financial eligibility criteria
- have provided a Seniors Financial Assistance application
The maximum assistance available in a benefit year is $5,412. The amount you may be eligible to receive is determined by:
- your accommodation category
- your marital or cohabitation status
- your income – combined with your spouse/partner’s income
In general, a single senior with a total annual income of $29,630 or less, or a senior couple with a total combined annual income of $48,120 or less, may be eligible to receive assistance.
Your (and your spouse or partner’s) total income, line 15000 of your previous year’s income tax return(s), is used to determine your eligibility for the current year’s benefits.
Deadline DateOngoing. The benefit year for the Special Needs Assistance for Seniors program starts July 1 of one year and ends June 30 of the following year.
Contact Name: Alberta Supports Contact Centre
Phone Number: 1-877-644-9992