The Strategic Research and Development Grant Program funds basic and applied research initiatives that complement Agriculture and Forestry’s business plan and priorities.
It funds innovative, progressive approaches to:
- Enhancing productivity and efficiency
- Improving competitiveness
- Targeting differentiated products and new value-added products
- Sustainable production to promote responsible use of resources and improve animal welfare, or animal or crop health
- Addressing consumer demand and social license within Alberta’s livestock or crop industry
The projects will address key needs and gaps in research that align with three focus areas:
- Economic Development and Competitiveness
- Environmental Stewardship
- Assurance and Public Safety
Eligible Applicants 3.1.1 Funding will be available to those organizations that directly and/or indirectly participate in the service and development of the Alberta livestock or crop industry, provided that such organizations are in good standing and not in default under any other agreements or programs with AF or any other department, agency or program of the Alberta Government. Eligible applicants include but are not limited to:
- Industry associations serving the livestock or crop industry;
- Educational institutions including universities, colleges, and technical schools;
- Subject to s. 3.1.2, government organizations and agencies; and
- Existing or prospective Alberta companies and supply chains that can increase the value and sales of Alberta products.
The program is competitive and merit-based. Applications are thoroughly reviewed internally, by external peer review, and by an external technical review committee.
LOIs and proposals submitted through the Agriculture Funding Consortium do not need to be resubmitted.
Phone Number: 780-643-2999
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org