ValueUp to $100,000 for projects that are up to 12 months in duration.
In 2015, Canada and all other United Nations Member States, committed to implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which set 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to eliminate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity by the year 2030.
In November 2018, the government launched the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Funding Program to support projects aimed at:
- building awareness of the 2030 Agenda
- increase partnerships and networks
- advance research
- further Canada’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Your organization is:
- a non-profit organization
- a municipality
- a provincial or territorial government, institution or Crown Corporation
- an Indigenous organization (including band council, tribal council and self-government entity)
- an international organization
- a coalition, network or committee
- a research organization or institute
- an educational institution
- a public health and social services institution, or
- a for-profit organization
The program funds projects that will identify and implement innovative approaches or complement and augment existing activities in order to work towards achieving 2 or more of the following objectives:
- enhancing multi-stakeholder efforts by promoting partnerships and bridging efforts across sectors in support of the 2030 Agenda
- raising awareness and support for the 2030 Agenda in Canada
- ensuring that Canada’s progress on the 2030 Agenda leaves no one behind, including vulnerable or marginalized groups, and
- fostering and integrating Indigenous and local knowledge into approaches and efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda
For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: EDSC.ODD2030-2030SDG.ESDC@servicecanada.gc.ca