Valueup to $100,000. Please note: the applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
Vouchers help Alberta’s high potential, high growth, technology and knowledge-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with technologies in the mid-to-late developmental stages but may include some early developmental stages.
To qualify as an Applicant, an SME is required to satisfy the following criteria:
- be a for-profit SME;
- demonstrate the relationship between the Applicant and Service Provider does not create a conflict of interest;
- have a physical presence in Alberta;
- meet the following definition of an SME: a company with fewer than 500 Full Time employees, and less than $50,000,000 annual gross revenue;
- be a legal entity: incorporated in Alberta; or incorporated federally or in another jurisdiction AND extra-provincially registered in Alberta; or a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership AND registered in Alberta; and
- be in good financial standing with Alberta Innovates and its subsidiaries InnoTech Alberta and C-Fer Technologies
Eligible applicants can apply for funding up to $100,000 to help cover the costs of up to three service providers for the purpose of business and technology development related to the following activities:
- New product research and development;
- Leading-edge design, engineering and prototype development;
- Advanced product testing and refinement;
- Patent development;
- Advanced market assessments; and/or
- Other technology development activities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Contact Name: Technology Development Advisors
Phone Number: 403-210-5229
E-mail Address: Intake@albertainnovates.ca