ValueThe maximum Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) contribution toward a project will normally not exceed $50,000. If you have multiple projects funded under this component, the total of all projects cannot exceed $100,000.
The AgriAssurance Program is a $64.05-million program under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Sustainable CAP).
The program will:
- contribute to the overarching objectives of Resiliency and Public Trust Strategic Initiatives of Sustainable CAP by enabling the development and adoption of industry-led sector-specific assurance systems to manage risks, enhance resiliency and address market considerations and challenges to public trust at the national level
- help small and medium-sized enterprises export products by supporting the adoption of assurance systems and tools to make verifiable claims in order to meet market requirements
The program has 2 components:
- National Industry Association Component
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Component
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible.
- You are a not-for-profit organization (an organization that operates solely for social welfare, civic improvement, pleasure or recreation, or any other purpose except profit) or Indigenous organization (a First Nation, Métis or Inuit organization)
- You operate in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products industry including the fish and seafood industry
- You are directly involved in growing, harvesting, processing, or otherwise transforming or consolidating your products
- Your project is aimed at meeting actual market-specific certification requirements (support under this component is only provided for initial certifications, not subsequent renewals)
- You have up to 500 full-time equivalent employees
- Your annual revenues don’t exceed $100 million
- You are a legal entity capable of entering into legal binding agreements
- contracting professional services to obtain the certification for agricultural and agri-food products required to access a specific export opportunity or domestic markets
- the salary of individuals dedicated to working on the development of documents and/or training for such certification
- travelling to enable the certification
- lab testing costs required to obtain the certification or recognition
Deadline DateApplications will be accepted from March 6, 2023 until September 30, 2027; however, the application period may close sooner if funding has been fully committed or otherwise announced here. The program ends March 31, 2028.
Contact Name: AgriAssurance Program
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org