ValueMaximum $10,000,000 up to 50% of the total eligible costs. Will not normally exceed $2,000,000 for commercial demonstration projects.
This program provides repayable contributions for projects that aim to accelerate the commercialization, adoption and/or demonstration of innovative products, technologies, processes or services that increase agri-sector competitiveness and sustainability.
Applicants may apply at any point during the life of the program, until available funds have been fully allocated. Once all funds have been allocated, a notice will be posted on this website.
Please apply early to ensure you have enough time to complete your project. Projects must be completed by March 31, 2023.
For-profit organizations that are incorporated in Canada.
They can include:
- Businesses and/or corporations
- Corporations and co-operatives in Indigenous communities
Note: Eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
Eligible applicants must also meet the principles and criteria outlined in the Applicant guide, such as:
- Providing a minimum of 50% of the funding towards eligible project costs
- Total Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada funding requested does not exceed $10 million
- Combined government funding being applied towards total eligible project costs does not exceed 75%
Eligible costs will not necessarily include all or be limited to the following:
- Capital expenditures
- Renovations, site improvements, leasehold improvements, building purchase*, construction* and related costs
- Machinery, equipment, and software purchase and installation costs
- Contracted services
- Professional or specialized services needed to undertake eligible project activities and for which contracts are entered into
- Costs of contracted work related to compliance with the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act 2012
- Labour, including wages/salaries and benefits, and specific per diem fees
- Other direct project costs
- Rental, lease of facilities, equipment or machinery
- Goods and services and all related shipping and transportation costs
- Construction or operating licenses and permits required to carry out the project
- Start-up costs, including interest capitalized during construction, insurance during construction, fees and charges for operation of equipment for adjustment and calibration, and training
- Production of materials required to fulfill obligations under the agreement, including translation and production of materials in the second official language
- Limited marketing costs, such as hiring of marketing expertise and other related activities as may be deemed necessary to the success of the project (a maximum of 20% of total eligible costs are available for marketing activities);
- Materials/consumables needed to undertake the project
- Other reasonable costs directly related to the project, at the discretion of AAFC
*Building purchases and construction costs may be considered on a case-by-case basis by AAFC.
Deadline DateOngoingPlease apply early to ensure you have enough time to complete your project. Projects must be completed by March 31, 2023.
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org