ValueThe maximum AAFC contribution per recipient will not exceed $5 million per fiscal year.
The AgriRisk Initiatives (ARI): Administrative Capacity Building Stream (ACB) provides funding to implement and test new financial tools which allow producers to manage a defined business risk.
Example of issues that new tools can address are, but not limited to:
- responding to diseases in livestock and crops
- protecting producers from severe market price fluctuations
- protecting against loss from contracts in new markets
Note: AgriRisk Initiative (ARI) is a five-year program under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership that supports the development of new risk management tools. It is divided into three program components:
- ARI Research and Development (R&D) stream – contribution funding
- ARI Microgrants – grant funding
- ARI Administrative Capacity Building (ACB) stream
- not-for-profit and for-profit organizations
- Provincial and territorial governments
Eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
Eligible costs may include, but are not limited to:
- start-up costs
- salaries, benefits, labour and materials
- rental and lease of equipment and office space
- travel and accommodation
- communications and promotion
- services agreements
- administrative costs
- one-time seed funding to create a capital reserve for an insurance or similar product
Deadline DateContinuous basis until program funds have been allocated. The program ends March 31, 2023.
Contact Name: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: email@example.com