The Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG) is a grant of $2,000. It is given only once and is taxable. It is for registered apprentices who successfully complete their apprenticeship training program and get their journey-person certification in a designated Red Seal trade.
To be eligible for the ACG, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person
- not be a high school student
- be a certified journeyperson who completed your apprenticeship training program in a designated Red Seal trade
Eligibility while attending school- you can apply for the ACG if you meet the eligibility requirements and you are a:
- registered apprentice enrolled in adult learning classes
- registered apprentice taking professional development courses, or
- Quebec apprentice completing your vocational training
- You may receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits as an apprentice if you:
- have worked between 420 and 700 hours and
- meet all of the eligibility requirements to make a claim
- Since Apprenticeship Completion Grant is taxable, you will get a T4A slip in the mail the year after you receive payment. Quebec residents get a Relevé 1 tax slip.
- The Apprenticeship Completion Grant is not considered earnings from employment. It does not affect your Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. You do not need to include these grants in your EI reports.
For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
Phone Number: 1-866-742-3644 (toll-free)