ValueUp to $125,000 per building, per year.
The Building Energy Retrofit Accelerator program facilitates renovations that improve the energy efficiency of commercial, light industrial, and institutional buildings in Edmonton. With financial incentives for retrofit projects, participants benefit from short and long term cost savings from reducing their buildings’ greenhouse gas emissions. Rebates are available for upgrades to HVAC systems, windows, lighting fixtures, building envelopes and much more – up to $125,000 per building, per year.
Edmonton’s Building Energy Retrofit Accelerator is available to large commercial, light industrial and institutional buildings located within Edmonton. Common spaces in multi-family buildings, such as apartments and condominiums, are also eligible.
Eligible measures are divided into four categories:
- Lighting fixtures (interior, exterior)
- Controls (lighting, non-lighting)
- HVAC (including hot water)
- Building envelope
The following rebate caps apply to all program participants:
- Measure level maximum rebate: The rebate amount cannot exceed 50% of the actual costs of equipment and installation
- Minimum Rebate per Application: $1,000
- Maximum Rebate per project per program year: $75,000, or $125,000 if a heat pump is installed
- Maximum rebate per company per program year (at multiple locations): $150,000
Contact Name: City of Edmonton
Phone Number: 1-844-604-4399 (toll free)