Circuit Rider Training Program provides First Nation operators with hands-on training on how to operate, service and maintain the water and wastewater systems in their community, so that Aboriginal communities have safe access to drinking water. It is a key component of the Government of Canada’s First Nations Water and Wastewater Action Plan.
Any First Nations band that operates a community drinking water system or wastewater system is automatically enrolled in this program. Any band can choose not to participate by informing their nearest Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada regional office.
The program supports First Nations in:
- developing and maintaining capacity to manage systems
- increasing reliability of systems
- ensuring efficient operation
- ensuring standards for health and safety are met
- decreasing the number and duration of drinking water advisories
- maximizing the use of existing infrastructure
- providing 24-hour access to qualified experts in case of emergencies
For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DateThere are no deadlines for this program, First Nations can access it at any time.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
Phone Number: 1-800-567-9604
E-mail Address: InfoPubs@aadnc-aandc.gc.ca