ValueApproximately $2.4 million is budgeted for this program in 2023.
The Edmonton Arts Council’s (EAC) Individuals & Collectives grant has three distinct streams, which each have their own evaluation criteria and assessment process. An individual or collective may only apply to one stream at each deadline and may only receive one grant from this program annually from January to December.
To be eligible for an Individuals & Collectives Grant, you must:
- Have an existing and committed practice in any arts discipline or have a history of professional activity in the arts sector.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a resident of the Edmonton / amiskwaciy-waskâhikan region at the time of the application, and for the duration of the project. This region includes the City of Edmonton and the Indigenous communities of Enoch Cree Nation, Alexander First Nation, Paul First Nation and Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation (artists may be asked to provide proof of residency).
- Have a majority of members who are eligible Individuals as described above; and
- Have one individual (the primary applicant) apply on behalf of the collective.
- Stream 1: Exploration & Experimentation supports an Individual artist to work on creation, experimentation, or
research activities. Grant amounts are fixed at $5,000 to support subsistence and any additional costs to the Individual while they take the time to pursue artistic work.
- Stream 2: Skills & Career Development supports mentorship, attending a residency, or other forms of professional development for artists and arts professionals. Projects may be individual or collective, and grants are available up to $10,000 based on projected expenses, including artist subsistence.
- Stream 3: Artist-Driven Major Projects supports artistic projects materially ready for production and/or presentation. Projects may be individual or collective, and grants will be available up to $25,000 based on projected expenses, including artist subsistence.
Deadline DateMarch 1, 2023 and October 3, 2023 (TBC)
Contact Name: Edmonton Arts Council
Phone Number: 780-424-ARTS (2787)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org