This fund provided Indigenous leadership and organizations with the flexibility needed to design and implement community-based solutions to prevent, prepare and respond to the spread of COVID-19 within their communities.
- First Nations communities and organizations, including self-governing and modern treaty nations
- Inuit communities and organizations in Inuit Nunangat
- Métis Nation communities and organizations
- urban and off-reserve Indigenous communities and organizations
These funds were used for measures including, but not limited to:
- preparedness measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- mental health assistance and emergency response services
- support for Elders and vulnerable community members
- measures to address food insecurity, such as support for the purchase, transportation and distribution of food, and access to traditional foods through hunting and fishing in the event of outbreaks
- educational and other support for children
Deadline DateThe Indigenous Community Support Fund is now closed. The deadline to request needs-based funding was March 31, 2023. All formula-based funding has been allocated directly to First Nation, Inuit and Métis Nation communities.
Contact Name: Regional Office – Alberta
Phone Number: 780-495-2703