We recognize the unique opportunity clean fuels present for Indigenous businesses and communities and encourage Indigenous participation on all projects. We have designed a distinct process with measures to increase funding of Indigenous-led clean production capacity projects in Canada.
Indigenous organizations or registered Indigenous businesses or communities including not-for-profit and for-profit organizations that can demonstrate a minimum of 50% Indigenous ownership, which can include:
- Indigenous Communities
- Development corporations
- Electricity or gas utilities
- Private sector companies
- Industry associations
- Research associations
- Standards development organizations
- Academic institutions
- Capital clean fuel production projects that use fuel production technologies in advanced stages of technological readiness and that are designed for commercial deployment.
- Feasibility studies, basic engineering studies and detailed front-end engineering studies to assess the new build or expansion of low carbon fuel production facilities. In addition, feasibility studies to assess the techno-economic feasibility of blending hydrogen into natural gas systems.
- Applicants may apply for a Feasibility study, a Front End Engineering Design study or a Production project as separate applications. Applicants may also apply for an End-to-End project via a single application.
Deadline DateApplications will be accepted until funding is no longer available. Project completion date: March 31, 2026.
Contact Name: Clean Fuel Funds
E-mail Address: email@example.com