Valueup to $50 million
The Government of Alberta is committing up to $50 million through Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) for the Industrial Transformation Challenge. Funds are sourced from the Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction (TIER) fund.
Innovators, technology developers, industrial facility owners and operators, industrial associations, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research and development organizations, universities, not-for-profit organizations, government research labs, and individuals are invited to apply.
Projects of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Electric boilers, industrial heat pumps, and other means of electrifying industrial heat
- Onsite industrial clean heat production via geothermal, solar thermal, nuclear, etc.
- Thermal energy storage
- Hydrogen end uses in industry (hydrogen-driven equipment/processes)
- Process electrification
- Novel hydrocarbon extraction (including electrified and/or non-aqueous processes, application of small modular nuclear reactors, etc.)
- New processes, chemistries, etc. for cement (including novel clinker substitutes), fertilizer, plastics, pulp and paper, oil and gas upgrading/refining, and other industries.
- Transformative agricultural technologies and practices including electrification, advanced fertilizers, and mitigation of agricultural methane emissions
- Novel alternative proteins
- Step-changes in fugitive methane management
- Solutions for high global warming potential gasses including climate-friendly refrigerants and fluorinated-gas reduction/substitution
- New industries and products, such as:
- Hydrocarbons beyond combustion
- Energy materials (lithium, vanadium, zircon, etc.)
- Advanced manufacturing
- Inherently low-emissions greenfield developments
Deadline DateJanuary 19th, 2023
Contact Name: ERA
Phone Number: 780-498-2068
E-mail Address: email@example.com