ValueElevate fellows receive $70,000 minimum annual stipend/salary for projects addressing at least one of the key priority sectors of artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean tech, or quantum science
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive professional development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Postdoctoral fellow eligibility:
- They are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international applicants
- They are based at an academic institution located in Canada for the duration of the fellowship
- Their date of graduation from a PhD program is less than five years to proposed start date of the Elevate project, unless:
- Fellows who have had a break in their career due to military service, illness, or family leave may be considered exceptions and must be approved in advance of application
- If this situation applies to you or you have any questions, please contact Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca
- They have fulfilled all PhD degree requirements (e.g., successful defence, final deposit, and sign-off of the dissertation), meet the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria at their home academic institution, hold a postdoctoral fellow status for the entire duration of their Mitacs Elevate fellowship
- They can commit to the two-year Mitacs Elevate fellowship, including the exclusive professional development curriculum. Replacement or substitute fellows are not allowed
- Fellows who have held a Mitacs Accelerate award as a Master’s or PhD student are eligible as long as they have not completed more than one year (three internship units equivalent) of Mitacs Accelerate at postdoctoral level. This must be completed before the start of the Mitacs Elevate fellowship
- Fellows cannot apply to multiple Mitacs programs for the same period of time.
Eligible applicants are welcome to apply for our Elevate thematic funding opportunity:
- Elevate fellows receive $70,000 minimum annual stipend/salary for projects addressing at least one of the key priority sectors of artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean tech, or quantum science
- An exclusive professional development curriculum valued at $4,000 per year
- Proposal assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
Deadline DateApplications open at the end of November 2021 with deadline January 19, 2022.
Contact Name: Mitacs
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org